The concept of natural and holistic beauty treatments started gaining popularity in the 90s. Since then, the popularity of natural beauty products and trends has only increased with time – especially with people realizing the potential harm caused by harsh chemicals found in most commercially produced skincare and beauty products.
SOFT, GLOWING SKIN
If you still have contouring palettes, then you need to upgrade your dressing table. ‘No make-up’ looks, natural beauty products and essential oils are the new skincare trends of 2017. An expensive beauty treatment is not the only way to get soft and glowing skin. Here are various ways to get your youthful looking skin before 2018 starts.
- Before going to bed, massage your skin with a little warm essential oil, such as argon oil and extra virgin olive oil. Remove the oil with a cotton ball, and wash your face in the morning.
- Your skin absorbs makeup such as foundations, which can serve to clog the pores. Even if you cleanse your skin daily, chances are that you will see pre-mature signs of ageing on your skin if you use commercially produced skin care and beauty products with harsh chemicals. Hence, remember to apply a natural moisturizer on your skin, especially at night. During the day, you can lightly dab a concealer where needed and let your natural beauty shine.
- Follow a skin moisturizing routine religiously to add to your skin’s natural glow. Choose light textured lotions if you live in a slightly humid area. However, if you live in dry areas then use body butter with natural ingredients for best results.
We know that antioxidants are important for a healthy body, which includes our skin! Antioxidants are superheroes of the body and having a healthy diet is our number one defense against free radicals.
Topical antioxidants prevent damage from free radicals. Following are some of their many benefits for the skin:
– Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage and scars
– Reverse the signs of aging by firming the skin and being anti-inflammatory
– Vitamin C assists in collagen production, fades hyperpigmentation and gives the skin a more clear, even tone
– Vitamin E reduces redness and offers protection from sun exposure
– Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory that slows the aging process and improves elasticity of the skin
– Vitamin A increases cell turnover, fades dark spots, clears breakouts, creates firmer skin, increases collagen production and makes skin healthier
VITAMIN AND ZINC RICHNESS
Chances are that you’ve heard of the new trend ‘going bananas over bananas.’ Bananas are rich in Vitamin B-complex, Zinc and essential minerals. You can apply a banana mash with eggs. You can also mix a mashed banana with oatmeal for an instant glow. Rub the inner side of a banana peel on your skin to get rid of acne. Banana extract is also used in various beauty products. Dry banana scrub serves to exfoliate your skin, making it a visible glow. Above all, you don’t need multi-vitamin tablets when you can get Zinc in rich quantities from bananas.
These are the trends we predict will stay popular in 2018. Keep an eye out on our site for more information about new beauty and skin care trends 2017!