Although the chronic cold is a disease that does not consider as a big problem it can make someone’s life miserable. The irritation, the restlessness, difficulty in breathing can make someone’s life miserable. Sometimes, cold can make someone feel embarrassed too. However, the problem is not considered as bog problem but if it is not treated on time then it can lead to further problems such as snoring and sinuses.
Common symptoms of a chronic cold are:
Watering from the nose, runny nose, stiffness in the nose, irritation in the nose, congestion, difficulty in breathing, headache, watering from eyes, pain in chest and nose, red nose, sore throat, other body aches, restlessness, sneezing, cough and much more.
Some herbal remedies for chronic cold
Herbal remedies for chronic cold are quite safe. These can also be helpful in getting quick relief from chronic cold without any side effects. Here is a list of some herbal remedies that can be used to cure a chronic cold in a natural way without any side effects of medications.
Consume warm water
Avoid drinking cold water. Drinking warm water is the best Ayurvedic remedy for chronic cold.
Consume a light diet
Drink warm water more frequently and don’t go for a meal until you don’t feel great hunger. Try to consume light meals to satisfy your hunger. This will help you with good digestion.
Boil water and add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in this. Take steam of this boiled water. This will help you in getting relief from congested or stuffy nose.
Intake Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a great way to get relief from the chronic cold. Some fruits such as oranges, amla, grapes are a great source of vitamin C. Include these fruits in your diet and get relief from the chronic cold at a faster rate.
Consume protective tea
Prepare an Ayurvedic herbal tea using ingredients such as tulsi, water, and lemon juice. Take 1.5 cups of water and boil it. Add 15 leaves of washed Tulsi into it. Boil it for 10 minutes. Then mix one spoon of lemon juice in this. Consume the prepared tea at the same time or when it is warm. This will help you in getting relief from the chronic cold.
This does not only be helpful in treating a chronic cold but as well as improves your immunity so that you will not get caught with diseases soon.
Some home remedies to get faster relief
- Boil one glass of milk, add half spoon of turmeric powder in it. Boil it for 2 minutes. Consume it in its warm state to get faster relief from chronic cold and cough.
- Pepper is a great herbal remedy that is helpful in treating chronic cold and its symptoms. Take half teaspoon of pepper with lukewarm water. This will be helpful in getting relief from cold and cough.
- Ginger is another great herbal remedy that is helpful in treating a cold. Boil ginger into a glass of water. Drink the solution when it is hot to get instant relief from cold and cough.
- Vegetable soup is also very helpful in getting relief from chronic cold and cough. Pick up your favorite vegetables such as turnip, tomato, and other green vegetables. Prepare vegetable soup using these vegetables. Consume it when it is hot to get faster relief from the chronic cold. Not just the vegetable soup even the non-vegetarian soup can be helpful in getting relief from chronic cold and cough.
- Chewing cloves throughout the day can also be helpful in getting relief from cold and cough.
Also see: Home Remedies for Migraine and Headaches
Things to avoid to safeguard yourself from chronic cold and cough
- Avoid consuming cold foods.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Wash your hands before touching your nose or mouth.
- Sleep in an isolated room and install a humidifier in it to keep the environment moist.
- Avoid consuming oily, sour and preserved foods.